Domain 6: Mind‐Body ConnectionDates: September 10, 13, 28, 29, & Oct 1 2021
Times: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Platform: Ring Central
REGISTER JOIN CLASS
Assist consumers in accessing whole health, integrated care, which will address chronic health conditions, mental health and substance use disorders, medication needs, stress, and other factors affecting wellness
- Describe the interdependent relationship between mental illness and physical health and give examples.
- Describe the value and importance of integrated care.
- Recognize the spectrum of substance use disorders, including the psychological signs and symptoms, as well as common behavioral addictions.
- Explain the role of medication in symptom management, including the potential for psychiatric and physical side effects of any medication.
- Explain the case manager's role in the person‐centered planning process and how to identify and refer to appropriate wellness promotion programs and community, peer, and web‐based healthcare resources.
- Describe the benefits of shared care planning and ways to incorporate an individual’s needs and preferences in goal‐setting.
- Relate the significant impact of smoking on individual health, particularly those with serious mental illness, and identify evidence‐based cessation resources.
- Have an understanding of the etiology, progression, and treatment of common co‐ morbid conditions.
- Define various social contexts and risk factors affecting consumers with comorbid conditions, and the impact on the consumer's overall health and well‐being.
- Discuss a variety of treatment interventions and settings for common co‐occurring conditions.
- Identify strategies to assist consumers in developing personal‐care skills such as managing stress, assessing triggers, and monitoring medications.
- Give examples of community and web‐based resources that support wellness and recovery 13. Describe the Behavioral Health Homes (BHH) model and other models that promote the integration of physical and behavioral health services and the potential benefits of integrated care services and supports to consumers.